Verified Reviewer
Junior Reviewer

Lied about Michelin tires completely worn out at 11 mos.

Explore video interviews
Ed Morse Delray Toyota - Lied about Michelin tires completely worn out at 11 mos.
Update by user Jan 26, 2021

After emails to all their top executives, online real reviews such as this, the Dealer media rep reached out. I was sent 2 free oil changes and 2 x $25.00 gift cards to use in the future.

Would never trust them again.

They did not dispute the credit card when I called and reported their behavior. Therefore I was refunded for 2.

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2020
During a regular oil change/tire rotation service was told 2/4 tires were down to 1/10 tread wear. They were purchased at this dealer less than 1 year ago and had less than 20,000 miles. No help from the service agent, Chacho (service manager) or some "tire guy" in Miami who works for Ed Morse group who called a week later. I was asked to pay (approx. $200 per tire) prorated for replacing? THESE WERE a $1500 set of Michelins. After my own refusal to pay and a lot of phone calls to dealer, Michelin, back to dealer to get case number and NO REPLY. Was refused any help by Michelin until the original cc charge was disputed. Finally spoke with Michelin's customer service. Found out ED MORSE DELRAY TOYOTA IS NOT AN AUTHORIZED MICHELIN DEALER. Authorization doesn't blanket to all their dealerships. Was sent by Michelin to have the vehicle tires inspected elsewhere and they were deemed FINE. 7/10 tread wear when the dealership reported 1/10. This is not mistake but rather an appalling disparity and sign of Ed Morse dealerships inconsistent and bloated service advice and lack of SINCERE customer care. Then I'm blamed as responsible for treadwear due to my driving, acceleration, Florida heat, etc. ? Ludicrous. It's the 3rd set of tires I've had on the vehicle: 2 sets previously lasted upward of around 40,000 miles each and one set was purchased at this dealer. Same driver, same vehicle, garage kept, highway miles, all regular servicing done at THIS LOCATION. Shameful behavior from this service center and after 25 years I won't be back.

User's recommendation: Get a 2nd opinion, buy Nito tires.

Featured
ID
Service
Ed Morse Delray Toyota Car Repair Estimate
Pros
  • Use lyft to transport customers during covid-19
Cons
  • Tire wear not accurate
  • Bloated and unnecessary service advice
  • Lied
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Always have fake expensive repair they claim my car needs

This dealership tried four years ago to tell me my Camry has a leaking steering assembly costing $1500 to replace. Well, it steers perfectly, nothing wrong with it at all, in the four years I've been driving it since they said that. Every time I go in they insist I should replace the steering to this day. The steering fluid never goes down a drop. They also said it needed a new fuel line--costing $1200. I drove to Advance Auto Parts and got a new gas cap for $11. Problem of the engine check light coming on for fuel line problem was solved. I had a nail in a tire and brought it in to have the nail removed. They talked me into a bunch of needless maintainence stuff in addition. I drove down to Key West and back and found I had a flat and guess what? The nail was still in the tire that they had charged me to fix. I'm lucky I made it down there and back. Bunch of liars preying on us old folks. Never believe a word they say.
ID
Delray Beach, Florida
Service
Ed Morse Delray Toyota Car Repair Estimate
Reason of review
you lie

Brands Related to Ed Morse Delray Toyota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article